Re: Windows authentication over remoting... possible?

lol

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

Just check on the client, put a strong name on the client. You can
event do some link demands.

Schneider

"ThunderMusic" <NoSpAmdanlatathotmaildotcom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:eREVPUToGHA.1204@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I have to develop an application that will consist of a service and a
windows forms application... the service could be on a distant
server but

need to authenticate the user as being part of the same domain. so
when

the

application starts, I can send something to the remote service and
query

for

some objects and the service can give me the objects if I'm the right
user (part of the right group). I don't want to send username and
password nor password hash over the network so if there is a better
way (just like SQL server does or many other apps), I would like to
know it (maybe if you

have

a link)

Thanks

ThunderMusic

  • Re: Windows authentication over remoting... possible?
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... password nor password hash over the network so if there is a better ... way (just like SQL server does or many other apps), ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Slow booting xp home.
    ... Changing the boot order to boot first from your hard disk might save you a half second, but you won't be able to boot from a CD until you change it back - and the time spent to do that will erase any previous time saved. ... 2- Consider what software you really want to start with Windows and also how you've configured your applications at startup ... Installing and Registering Visual Studio Express Editions Smart Device ...
  • Re: Slow booting xp home.
    ... Thirty seconds to boot Windows? ... I read somewhere that Microsoft suggest 30s boot up on xp home, I have seen videos on youtube of 8s boot up on xp, I'd be delighted with 30s and happy just to get below a minute. ... Installing and Registering Visual Studio Express Editions Smart Device ...
  • Re: Remote connection failed
    ... If you are going over a remote connection or are not logging ... into the domain where SQL Server is then no, Windows ... authentication won't work. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Getting to the bottom of MSDE network connection problems ...
    ... but other than that it is MSDE 2000 with sp3a already applied. ... I've finally figured out the connection problems associated with this, ... and it seems the problems are due to Windows XP and not MSDE. ... the enterprise/standard versions of SQL server won't install ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)