Re: Connecting to MS Exchange 2003 using POP3 with SSL fails

lol :)

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

Thank you. Meanwhile the problem is solved. The reason was a very
silly one: my Exchange server had no certificates installed.

"Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" wrote:

Hi!

glad this was helpful for you.

Have you tried to enable tracing for system.net ? does this give you
more pointers. Maybe also try a different SslProtocols value.

http://www.leastprivilege.com/TracingSystemNet.aspx

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com
I order to automate some mail processing I need to access POP3
servers over a secure channel. A couple of MSDN articles recently
written by Dominick Baier was helpful to me when I implemented a
solution in C# with the .NET Framework 2.0. It works fine as far as
I don't try to connect to an MS Exchange 2003 server: In this case,
the connection is terminated by the server. Here is the somewhat
simplified code:

class CMyPOPClient
{
TcpClient _Channel = null;
NetworkStream _Stream = null;
SslStream _SSLStream = null;
void secureConnect(String strHost, Int32 iPort)
{
_Channel = new TcpClient());
_Channel.Connect(strHost, iPort);
_Stream = _Channel.GetStream();
_SSLStream = new SslStream(
_Channel.GetStream(),
false,
new
RemoteCertificateValidationCallback(validateServerCertificate),
null);
_SSLStream.AuthenticateAsClient( // <== here a
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
// is thrown with error code
10053
strHost,
null,
SslProtocols.Tls,
false);
}
}
I should mention that the code is running on a WinXPSP2 PC which is
in
the same Microsoft domain as the Win 2003 Server on which MS
Exchange
is running.
Actually I don't need my code being capable to connect to MS
Exchange 2003 but I don't like to see it fail. Has anybody an idea
what is expected by MS Exchange 2003?

.