Re: Connecting to MS Exchange 2003 using POP3 with SSL fails

lol :)

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

Thank you. Meanwhile the problem is solved. The reason was a very
silly one: my Exchange server had no certificates installed.

"Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" wrote:

Hi!

glad this was helpful for you.

Have you tried to enable tracing for system.net ? does this give you
more pointers. Maybe also try a different SslProtocols value.

http://www.leastprivilege.com/TracingSystemNet.aspx

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com
I order to automate some mail processing I need to access POP3
servers over a secure channel. A couple of MSDN articles recently
written by Dominick Baier was helpful to me when I implemented a
solution in C# with the .NET Framework 2.0. It works fine as far as
I don't try to connect to an MS Exchange 2003 server: In this case,
the connection is terminated by the server. Here is the somewhat
simplified code:

class CMyPOPClient
{
TcpClient _Channel = null;
NetworkStream _Stream = null;
SslStream _SSLStream = null;
void secureConnect(String strHost, Int32 iPort)
{
_Channel = new TcpClient());
_Channel.Connect(strHost, iPort);
_Stream = _Channel.GetStream();
_SSLStream = new SslStream(
_Channel.GetStream(),
false,
new
RemoteCertificateValidationCallback(validateServerCertificate),
null);
_SSLStream.AuthenticateAsClient( // <== here a
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
// is thrown with error code
10053
strHost,
null,
SslProtocols.Tls,
false);
}
}
I should mention that the code is running on a WinXPSP2 PC which is
in
the same Microsoft domain as the Win 2003 Server on which MS
Exchange
is running.
Actually I don't need my code being capable to connect to MS
Exchange 2003 but I don't like to see it fail. Has anybody an idea
what is expected by MS Exchange 2003?

  • Re: Connecting to MS Exchange 2003 using POP3 with SSL fails
    ... over a secure channel. ... terminated by the server. ... SslStream _SSLStream = null; ... the same Microsoft domain as the Win 2003 Server on which MS Exchange ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • RE: Connecting to MS Exchange 2003 using POP3 with SSL fails
    ... The reason was a very silly one: my Exchange ... Goetz Heller ... server: In this case, the connection is terminated by the server. ... SslStream _SSLStream = null; ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.applications)
  • Re: Connecting to MS Exchange 2003 using POP3 with SSL fails
    ... my Exchange server had no certificates installed. ... over a secure channel. ... SslStream _SSLStream = null; ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Exchange Disaster Recovery Server
    ... The backup server is setup also in the lab so I ... >>> The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. ... >>> Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Mail sitting in E2k3->E2k7 (Routing Group Connctor) Queue?
    ... I also have similar problem when some of the users somehow still sending to the old Routing group connectors? ... Looking at the Headers and the Queue on the 2003 server, ... Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 will delay. ... Seems like I would also need a Routing Connector on the 2000 to bridge to ...