Re: Connecting to MS Exchange 2003 using POP3 with SSL fails

Thank you. Meanwhile the problem is solved. The reason was a very silly one:
my Exchange server had no certificates installed.
--
Goetz Heller
Dr.Heller Information Management

"Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" wrote:

Hi!

glad this was helpful for you.

Have you tried to enable tracing for system.net ? does this give you more
pointers. Maybe also try a different SslProtocols value.

http://www.leastprivilege.com/TracingSystemNet.aspx

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

I order to automate some mail processing I need to access POP3 servers
over a secure channel. A couple of MSDN articles recently written by
Dominick Baier was helpful to me when I implemented a solution in C#
with the .NET Framework 2.0. It works fine as far as I don't try to
connect to an MS Exchange 2003 server: In this case, the connection is
terminated by the server. Here is the somewhat simplified code:

class CMyPOPClient
{
TcpClient _Channel = null;
NetworkStream _Stream = null;
SslStream _SSLStream = null;
void secureConnect(String strHost, Int32 iPort)
{
_Channel = new TcpClient());
_Channel.Connect(strHost, iPort);
_Stream = _Channel.GetStream();
_SSLStream = new SslStream(
_Channel.GetStream(),
false,
new
RemoteCertificateValidationCallback(validateServerCertificate),
null);
_SSLStream.AuthenticateAsClient( // <== here a
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
// is thrown with error code
10053
strHost,
null,
SslProtocols.Tls,
false);
}
}
I should mention that the code is running on a WinXPSP2 PC which is in
the same Microsoft domain as the Win 2003 Server on which MS Exchange
is running.

Actually I don't need my code being capable to connect to MS Exchange
2003 but I don't like to see it fail. Has anybody an idea what is
expected by MS Exchange 2003?

  • Re: Exchange Disaster Recovery Server
    ... The backup server is setup also in the lab so I ... >>> The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. ... >>> Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Connecting to MS Exchange 2003 using POP3 with SSL fails
    ... over a secure channel. ... terminated by the server. ... SslStream _SSLStream = null; ... the same Microsoft domain as the Win 2003 Server on which MS Exchange ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Mail sitting in E2k3->E2k7 (Routing Group Connctor) Queue?
    ... I also have similar problem when some of the users somehow still sending to the old Routing group connectors? ... Looking at the Headers and the Queue on the 2003 server, ... Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 will delay. ... Seems like I would also need a Routing Connector on the 2000 to bridge to ...
  • Exchange 2003 SP1 periodicaly losses connection to active directory for about 30 minutes
    ... We have active directory in two servers but the mail server fails to ... the promotion of the server to active directory the exchange was up. ... After a Domain Controller is promoted to a Global Catalog, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.misc)
  • Re: LDAP Bind Unsuccessful
    ... We have a similar problem with Exchange 2003 and two DC servers 2003. ... After a Domain Controller is promoted to a Global Catalog, ... server that is designated to be a Global Catalog Server but did ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.active.directory.integration)