Re: Can't access Process.Modules from my win form.

It's likely that the user account under which you are running the
application does not have sufficient privileges to access processes run
under other accounts. (Specifically, it is probably missing
SeDebugPrivilege.) If your application is truly meant to enumerate modules
for all processes running on a machine, then you will need to run it under
an account with sufficient privileges to do this. However, any account
should be able to access its own processes so, depending on what your
application is meant to do, simply restricting the processes it attempts to
access may be an appropriate solution to the access denial issue.

"John Fang" <tsodofu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm trying to create a simple Process View. But when I'm accessing
Process' Modules proeprty, I get a access denied error.

How do I get around this code access security restriction?

John

  • Re: RR: Entrance Exam! w/links
    ... something, or try to anticipate what was happening next, (most of the ... You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. ... trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some ... If you want I can set up up with an account on my gallery server. ...
    (alt.mountain-bike)
  • Re: Administrator privileges
    ... You do not have sufficient privileges to make these changes to your computer's configuration settings. ... Try logging on as an Administrator. ... You shouldn't, obviously, if the account truly has administrative privileges. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...
  • Re: Getting rid of obsolete network mounts
    ... admin-level account). ... How do I get rid of them? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Cant access Process.Modules from my win form.
    ... I tried running the application using local administrator account and still ... it under an account with sufficient privileges to do this. ... I get a access denied error. ... How do I get around this code access security restriction? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)