Re: System.Security.SecurityException was unhandled

This will not work for most scenarios since assertion only works if your
assembly actually has the permission in question. If assertion worked for
you, I'm guessing that your scenario probably involved either an IE-hosted
Windows Forms control or a high privilege executable referencing low
privilege DLLs. However, in this case, both the executable and the DLLs are
low privilege, so assertion from the executable will not help.

"Craig" <craigm_richardson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I was getting the same kind of error through another application.

I did everything you did to no avail.

I then came across another KB article from MS where it said to Assert the
permission of the method required.

I was using Oracle so was getting an Oracle permission problem. What I
did was...
OraclePermission perm = new OraclePermission(Unrestricted);
perm.Assert();

Also had a problem with IO so did this
FileIOPermission perm = new FileIOPermission(Unrestricted);
perm.Assert();

Try and find the sorce of the security permission error, then get the
correct permission type for it and assert it unrestricted.

Craig

"Seok Bee" <seokbee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have set the policy security level on both the client and server. Also,
the
setting was done on both versions 1.1 and 2.0 .NET framework.

Have you tried granting the assemblies additional CAS permissions in the
v. 2.0 > Framework on the client machine?
No, I have not done this. May I know where and how to grant the
assemblies
additional CAS permissions. I will send u the exception message later...
as
i need to do it in the office....

"Nicole Calinoiu" wrote:

"Seok Bee" <seokbee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have tried the following and the execution is still failed.

1) Installation of .NET Framework 2.0 SDK
2) Update the policy security level to "Full Trusted" for
LocalIntranet_Zone

On the server or the client? In which version of the Framework did you
adjust the permission grant to the intranet zone?

3) Change the program to the new methos suggested.
4) Recompiled the program and moved the executable file and *.dll
files to
the server

Server Information:
OS : Win2k sp4
Framework installed: 1.1, 2.0

I've tried execute the program remotely over the network and it works
on
my
machine. The platform that I am running is Winxp with .net framework
1.1,
1.1
Hotfix & 2.0. Not sure why the execution still failed when i run
directly
from the server. The error message is still the same as i got
previously.

Have you tried granting the assemblies additional CAS permissions in the
v.
2.0 Framework on the client machine? Also, could you please provide the
full exception details (including call stack listing), as returned by
its
ToString method?

Please advise.

Many thanks in advance.

"Nicole Calinoiu" wrote:

This is not a server-level issue. Instead, it's caused by the CAS
permission grant on the client machine, which will be more restricted
when
running from a network location than from the local machine. (See
http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2003/06/20/57023.aspx for
details.)
Given the particular exception description you've posted, my first
guess
would be that one of your DLLs might contain unverifiable or unsafe
code
and
that the permission that's failing is a
SecurityPermission\SkipVerification.
Otherwise, a link demand might be the culprit, and you may be able to
gather
more information about the exception by moving the body of your
current
Main
method into a new method. e.g.:

private static void Main(string[] args)
{
MainHelper(args);
}

private static void MainHelper(string[] args)
{
// Everything from your original Main method goes here.
}

"Seok Bee" <seokbee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Dear Experts,

I've created a Console application to perform a checking of an
Excel
file.
During development using vb.net in Visual Studio 2005, the
application
is
running fine. I can get my expected result. Then I move the
executable
files
and related *.dll files into a server to schedule for execution.
The
server
is running on Windows 2000 sp4 and installed with .NET Frameword
1.1
and
2.0.
When I execute the application I received and error message. The
error
is
as
follow shown in the debugger:

System.Security.SecurityException was unhandled
Message="System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission"
Source="SPQAutomation"
StackTrace:
at SPQAutomation.SPQAutomation.Main()

While, from the Application log in Event Viewver I have the
following
error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5000