Re: Issues With User Control Embedded Into Web Page Since Installing .NET 2.0

could this apply to you?

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/ProductFeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=ef4ae9a2-1d40-4241-aca4-61d579929793

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

Hi Dominick,

thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm definitly sure that I'm using the 2.0
tools.

Any other ideas?

Markus

"Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]"
<dbaier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Hi,
are you sure you are using the 2.0 versions of caspol, fuslogvw
etc..??
e.g. caspol -s off will not turn CAS off anymore in 2.0 -

also all policies defined in 1.1 will not apply to 2.0 code

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com
Hi,

I have a rich Forms UserControl which is embedded into a web page.
Since installing .NET 2.0 on the clients, the control stopped

- I disabled security completly using caspol -s off => no effect
- I enabled fussion logging => no single entry generated
- I enabled the IEHost log => nothing created
- Changed to another client machine => same issues, same results
- I started writing a new UserControl from scratch and deployed it
the
same server. The control could also not be loaded.
I deployed the same test project to another 2003 server in the same
domain, with equal patch levels (SP1 and latest patches installed)
and
it worked.
Perhaps a naming issue?

- I tried to change the names => no result
- I compared the HTTP requests to the different server => nothing
special
I have no other clue where to start searching!
- The issues stated above are reproducable from any client, such it
should
be a server or framework issue.
- I even have a customer which experienced the same problems
- The problem exists for two completly different client applications
Any help appreciated.
Markus

  • Re: TcpChannel under .NET 2.0
    ... Dominick Baier ... Server stack trace: ... properly but the client crash right a way :-( ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: How to determine if the logged on user is in a group
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... I found that you to reboot the SERVER after you create a new group and put users in it so that the new group and the users appear in the whoami list on the server. ... although he is a member of these groups. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Web App Security and MSIE Settings
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... The "Intranet users" group have read access to the virtual directory. ... server: ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: TcpChannel under .NET 2.0
    ... Dominick Baier ... Server stack trace: ... properly but the client crash right a way :-( ... For instance, from my client I ma login as BOB, BOB is calling the ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Encryption scheme using RSA
    ... In this case your scheme looks good to me. ... Dominick Baier ... other words - there are no server authentication bits in your scheme. ... the communication between client and server for a product of ours. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)