Re: Issues With User Control Embedded Into Web Page Since Installing .NET 2.0

Hi Dominick,

thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm definitly sure that I'm using the 2.0 tools.

Any other ideas?

Markus

"Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" <dbaier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi,
are you sure you are using the 2.0 versions of caspol, fuslogvw etc..??

e.g. caspol -s off will not turn CAS off anymore in 2.0 -

also all policies defined in 1.1 will not apply to 2.0 code

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

Hi,

I have a rich Forms UserControl which is embedded into a web page.
Since installing .NET 2.0 on the clients, the control stopped loading
completly.

- I disabled security completly using caspol -s off => no effect
- I enabled fussion logging => no single entry generated
- I enabled the IEHost log => nothing created
- Changed to another client machine => same issues, same results
- I started writing a new UserControl from scratch and deployed it to
the
same server. The control could also not be loaded.
I deployed the same test project to another 2003 server in the same
domain, with equal patch levels (SP1 and latest patches installed) and
it worked.

Perhaps a naming issue?

- I tried to change the names => no result
- I compared the HTTP requests to the different server => nothing
special
I have no other clue where to start searching!

- The issues stated above are reproducable from any client, such it
should
be a server or framework issue.
- I even have a customer which experienced the same problems
- The problem exists for two completly different client applications
Any help appreciated.
Markus

  • Re: What doesnt lend itself to OO?
    ... >> proxy and instructs the server to constuct the real object. ... rather than client code. ... If 'clock' is instantiated in the server, ... > for the server interface at the OOA level. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: More Get-IPlayer Questions
    ... to use with mutt mail client. ... antinat - 0.90-4 - Antinat is a flexible SOCKS server and client ... protocol for Sybase or MS SQL Server. ... ifstat - 1.1-1 - InterFace STATistics Monitoring ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • This is going straight to the pool room
    ... or not the client has privilege to do what they're trying to do, ... The server environment is this: ... 3GL User action Routines that Tier3 will execute on your behalf during the ... Routine Name: USER_INIT ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • [Full-Disclosure] R: Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42
    ... Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42 ... SD Server 4.0.70 Directory Traversal Bug ... Arkeia Network Backup Client Remote Access ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: What doesnt lend itself to OO?
    ... > rather than client code. ... no way to do that without also touching the object with clock semantics ... will not encapsulate both clock semantics and network semantics. ... The server can do whatever it wants ...
    (comp.object)