Re: Rijndael Class

Hello Brad,

they use the RijndaelManaged. If you are on 2.0 you can enforce FIPS compliance with a policy in secpol.msc.

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

I have the Microsoft AES Crypographic Provider installed. I am
required to ONLY use FIPS Compliant encryption technology.

If I use Rijndael.Create() to get a SymetricAlgorithm is this using
the RijndaelManaged class or is it using the Microsoft AES
Crypographic Provider?

Thanks

  • Re: Locking down CAS policy
    ... Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor ... CAS policy has 3 levels - you are right that My_Computer in machine ... read files (including assemblies) outside of the application ...
  • Re: Understanding FullTrust and CAS
    ... i spent quite a lot of "quality time" with ASP.NET policy files (for a book i am currently writing) ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... that I didn't find any mention of extra ASP.NET policy in any of the CAS documentation. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)