Web.config Help

From: Peter Avalos (petera_at_proexam.org)
Date: 10/28/05

    Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:58:09 -0400

    I am trying to configure a set of access rules for a subfolder in my
    project. The folder is a subfolder in the application folder and cannot
    read the dll file in the application's bin folder. How do I propertly tell
    the compiler in the Web.config file used in the sub folder where to find the
    application's dll? I tried the following to no avail:

    <compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true">
    <assemblies>
        <add assembly="D:\My Web Projects\application\bin\EPPP.dll"/>
    </assemblies>
    </compilation>

    It seems like the compiler still can't find the dll. Can anyone help me
    out? And if it's a matter of adding the assembly to the GAC can anyone tell
    me how to properly do this? Is there anyway to this without putting the
    assembly in the GAC?

    Thanks,

    ~Peter

    • Re: WinSxS, functional under 2k ?
      ... The newSide-by-Side Assembly technology was introduced with Windows XP to help reduce or eliminate DLL Hell. ... If you recall earlier Windows versions, like Windows 95, when you installed an application you were warned if the installer tried to replace a DLL from the system folder with an older version and you were asked if you wanted to accept the change. ... Until Windows XP it wasn't so easy to use different versions of shared system DLLs, that is what the new Side-by-Side assemblies attempts to resolve. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • Re: Deploying with Custom References
      ... When loading Assemblies, the Framework uses its own set of rules ... about where to look and the DefaultLocation folder is one of those places. ... so the Normal search sequence that the Framework uses found the Dll. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
    • Re: Need some help to install web part
      ... web.config file to modify the trust level for assemblies in the \bin folder. ... > The I put the .DLL into the BIN folder. ... >> I am new to SharePoint Portal Server. ...
    • Re: RDO objects and C#
      ... OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO ... The error occurs after reading say around 700/800 emails in one folder. ... RDOFolder rdoFolder = rdoFolders.GetFirst; ... RDOFolder subFolder; ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.interop)
    • Re: Sent Items still MIA, tried importing from .dbx
      ... and the subfolder itself in OE. ... If I somehow dragged my entire Sent Items folder to the Deleted Items ... e-mails except for those I specifically physically move into it, ...