Re: How to verify an end certificate

From: Kim Hellan (someone_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 10/19/05

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:31:48 +0200

Thank you!
That seems to work fine in a WinForm testapplication.

I will now try and test it in a webform app. There are often problems with
certificate stores when running in the IIS process.

/Kim

"Michel Gallant" <neutron@istar.ca> skrev i en meddelelse
> .NET 1.1 requires use of Pinvoke.
> Here's one way to do it:
> http://www.jensign.com/JavaScience/dotnet/VerifyCertSigner
>
> - Mitch Gallant
> MVP Security
>
> "Kim Hellan" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>I got an X,509 end certificate where I need to verify the issuer of the
>>certificate.
>> The issuer certificate is installed in the Trusted Root Certification
>> Authorities store in Windows.
>> How can that be done using either Framework 1.1 directly or WSE 2.0.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> /Kim

Relevant Pages

  • Web Service Call Using Digital Certificates
    ... MyWebService myService = new MyWebService; ... ASP.NET application that I am running under this account. ... The Root CA certificate is installed under the "Current User" and the "Local ... Computer" certificate stores and the client certificate is installed in both ...
  • Re: how to creat a certificate
    ... certificates and certificate stores currently (this evidently is coming ... You can create RSA keypairs automatically with .net framework ... Note that if you have already generated a keycontainer, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: help me in understanding CAPI
    ... thereare certificate system stores on your machine like root, ca,trust etc. ... CSP associated with it? ... > Question3) CSP's are supposed to have key containers correct? ... of certificate stores. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • microsoft.web.services2.dll Key error when decrypting with Private key from local store
    ... I am using microsoft.web.services2.dll so that I can access the Certificate stores. ... When I try to Decrypy a buffer using the RSACryptoServiceProvider.Decrypy method ... used to encrpt (Of course using the Cert Public key) the AES keys. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Web Service Call Using Digital Certificates
    ... I am currently having a problem calling a web service that is secured using ... I set up a Windows application to make a call to the ... The Root CA certificate is installed under the "Current User" and the "Local ... Computer" certificate stores and the client certificate is installed in both ...