limiting access to files with asp.net

From: Daniel (softwareengineer98037_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/15/05

    Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:57:03 -0700

    limiting access to files with asp.net

    is there any way i can make a file only accessible to certain users of my
    website? my files are to large to copy to a temp directory and they are of
    many types, .exe .xsl .xml etc. i want an href to each file but only allow
    users who have the right login-info in their session variable to get to the
    files in their directory. is there something built into .net for doing this?
    do i need to do some kind of isapi filter and then stream them?

    • Re: limiting access to files with asp.net
      ... >limiting access to files with asp.net ... my files are to large to copy to a temp directory and they are of ... using FTP. ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
    • limiting access to files with asp.net
      ... limiting access to files with asp.net ... my files are to large to copy to a temp directory and they are of ... Prev by Date: ...
    • limiting access to files with asp.net
      ... limiting access to files with asp.net ... my files are to large to copy to a temp directory and they are of ... Prev by Date: ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
    • limiting access to files with asp.net
      ... limiting access to files with asp.net ... my files are to large to copy to a temp directory and they are of ... Prev by Date: ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
    • Re: limiting access to files with asp.net
      ... This has nothing to do with SMTP or NNTP servers. ... the solution is covered in this month's IIS Insiders article: ... limiting access to files with asp.net ... my files are to large to copy to a temp directory and they are of ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)