limiting access to files with asp.net

From: Daniel (softwareengineer98037_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/15/05

    Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:57:03 -0700

    limiting access to files with asp.net

    is there any way i can make a file only accessible to certain users of my
    website? my files are to large to copy to a temp directory and they are of
    many types, .exe .xsl .xml etc. i want an href to each file but only allow
    users who have the right login-info in their session variable to get to the
    files in their directory. is there something built into .net for doing this?
    do i need to do some kind of isapi filter and then stream them?