Re: Repost - Problem with CAS and remoting

From: Roy Chastain (roy_at_kmsys.com)
Date: 10/14/05

    Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:15:25 -0400

    Thanks for responding.
    I gave up and posted this in the MSDN forums and received an answer today from the shawn that you reference. Hopefully I am on my
    way to fixing it.

    On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:03:00 -0400, "Nicole Calinoiu" <calinoiu REMOVETHIS AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

    >Are you having this problem only when the client is loaded via IE or even
    >when it's launched directly off your network share? If the former, chances
    >are excellent that you're running into the issue described at
    >http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2003/06/26/57026.aspx (which also
    >describes workarounds for the problem). If you're also seeing problems when
    >IE isn't used to load your client, could you please confirm whether it's the
    >same exception (including call stack)?
    >

    >"Roy Chastain" <roy@kmsys.com> wrote in message
    >>I have an application that uses remoting.
    >> I have strongly named every assembly in the application.
    >> I have granted FullTrust based on the key used for strongly naming.
    >> (I did this by creating a code group with the membership criteria being
    >> the public key that the assemblies are signed with.)
    >> I have done this on both the remote and local systems.
    >>
    >> This application can be run from a local disk (no problem), a remote disk
    >> (network share - big problem) and from a web page where
    >> it runs under IEEXEC (big problem)
    >>
    >> The local application is designed to connect to multiple and arbitrary
    >> servers. I can connect to any server if I run from my
    >> local drive. I can not connect to any server if I invoke through IEEXEC.
    >> (Even if the IIS is on my system.)
    >>
    >> The problem that I want to solve is the IEEXEC invocation. If you look at
    >> the stack trace below find the line with the <<<<<<<<
    >> on it. This method returns a CAO. I believe, based on other information,
    >> that the error is occurring on the actual return of the
    >> CAO.
    >>
    >> My understanding of CAS keeps telling me that I have not setup the code
    >> groups etc correctly, but I THINK that I have.
    >>
    >> Any insight would be helpful and appreciated.
    >>
    >> Exception:
    >> An error occurred while processing the request on the server:
    >> System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of
    >> type System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib,
    >> Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    >> PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.
    >> at System.Security.PermissionListSet.CheckDemand(CodeAccessPermission
    >> demand, PermissionToken permToken)
    >> at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(PermissionToken
    >> permToken, CodeAccessPermission demand, StackCrawlMark&
    >> stackMark, Int32 checkFrames, Int32 unrestrictedOverride)
    >> at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission
    >> cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, PermissionType permType)
    >> at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.DemandInternal(PermissionType
    >> permissionType)
    >> at
    >> System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object
    >> graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter
    >> serWriter, Boolean fCheck)
    >> at
    >> System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream
    >> serializationStream, Object graph, Header[]
> [...]
    Roy Chastain
    KMSYS Worldwide, Inc.
    http://www.kmsys.com

    • System.Security.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed bec
      ... remote party has closed the transport stream. ... System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream ... requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream) ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
    • Re: Error in Remoting
      ... the config file as stratup parameters ... > etry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream) ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
    • Error with remoting sample
      ... Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could ... etry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream) ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
    • Re: Problem when hosted by a Windows Service
      ... A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond ... tWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)