Re: Automate signing macros

From: Nicole Calinoiu (calinoiu)
Date: 10/14/05

    Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:09:24 -0400

    There's actually nothing stopping you from applying a timestamp when using a
    certificate generated by your own CA (or even one generated using makecert
    for that matter). Have you tried using Verisign's timestamping service
    (http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll)?

    "Eduardo Crespo" <crespo_santamaria@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everybody!!
    >
    > I have a lot of macros to sign. The problem is that every year when the
    > certificate expires I have to sign every macro again with the new
    > certificate. The certificates I'm using are from my own CA so I can't
    > apply
    > timestamp to the certificate.
    >
    > I would like to build an script to automatically sign the macros. Can
    > anyone
    > help me???
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    • Re: Expired certificate
      ... you say that in my next certificate I have to timestamp. ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services ...
    • Re: Code Signing Clarification
      ... compare timestamp with validity of the certificate so that it doesn't pass an ... > the validity period of the certificate, with a timestamp, the authenticating ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Re: Renew Certificate
      ... Thanks Brian How can I apply a timestamp when I sign a macro?. ... Can't I do anything else to avoid signing again macros???. ... I've hundreds of macros signed with a certificate from my own Microsoft CA. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Code Signing Clarification
      ... the signature was generated outside of the validity time of the certificate. ... the validity period of the certificate, with a timestamp, the authenticating ... will I receive an error prior to installing? ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Re: Alternative timestamp urls for signcode?
      ... > Is there any way to timestamp a cab file not using the VeriSigh ... > signed the cab file with a certificate using singcode.exe and I also ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)