Re: Automate signing macros

From: Nicole Calinoiu (calinoiu)
Date: 10/14/05

    Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:09:24 -0400

    There's actually nothing stopping you from applying a timestamp when using a
    certificate generated by your own CA (or even one generated using makecert
    for that matter). Have you tried using Verisign's timestamping service
    (http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll)?

    "Eduardo Crespo" <crespo_santamaria@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everybody!!
    >
    > I have a lot of macros to sign. The problem is that every year when the
    > certificate expires I have to sign every macro again with the new
    > certificate. The certificates I'm using are from my own CA so I can't
    > apply
    > timestamp to the certificate.
    >
    > I would like to build an script to automatically sign the macros. Can
    > anyone
    > help me???
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    • Re: Expired certificate
      ... you say that in my next certificate I have to timestamp. ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services ...
    • Re: Code Signing Clarification
      ... compare timestamp with validity of the certificate so that it doesn't pass an ... > the validity period of the certificate, with a timestamp, the authenticating ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Re: Renew Certificate
      ... Thanks Brian How can I apply a timestamp when I sign a macro?. ... Can't I do anything else to avoid signing again macros???. ... I've hundreds of macros signed with a certificate from my own Microsoft CA. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Code Signing Clarification
      ... the signature was generated outside of the validity time of the certificate. ... the validity period of the certificate, with a timestamp, the authenticating ... will I receive an error prior to installing? ...
      ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote in message ... code can help deal with some of the issues of expired certificates. ... The whole point of a timestamp is to provide some sort of validation of when the code was signed so that if the signing cert expires but the timestamp was within the validity period of the certificate, the client can still treat the signature on the code as valid. ...