Re: Signle-Sign on web application running on IIS

From: Nicole Calinoiu (calinoiu)
Date: 10/09/05

Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 09:14:17 -0400

Why not simply use windows authentication for the application? This would
take care of requirement #1 as long as the user's IE settings allow for
automatic transmission of his Windows credentials. It would presumably also
remove the need for requirement #2 entirely since your application would not
need to maintain a separate list of users for authentication purposes.

"Deepak" <dkjmca@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
> I have a asp.net web application running on win2003 web server in a
> single domain. The database is SQL Server running on a separate
> database server in the same domain. Now i have following tasks to do:
>
> 1. Make the web application Single-Sign on so that once a user entered
> in the domain, he need not be asked his credentials again to access the
> web application. (Even not from the IIS)
>
> 2. To develop a web service(s)/component(s)/any other solutions by
> which my database can be update automatically if new users are
> added/deleted/modified in the domain by the administrator. In detail i
> can say if a user is added in the domain, his infomration should also
> stored in the database so that administrator can save his time to enter
> the same information againg for the web application.
>
> I am near to the solution for Task 1, but i don't have any idea about
> how to achieve Point Task 2.
>
> Please give me some ideas regading these tasks.
>
> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: cannot view web pages after transferring files to web server
    ... Integrated Windows authentication. ... What we want is - if a logged-in Windows user has database rights, ... asp.net in-built development server. ... However, when I copy this website to a virtual directory on an IIS server, I ...
  • Re: Cant create ADP database on MSDE using MS Access
    ... but no database is created and I ... > I've tried the SQL Server group but they can't solve it. ... > potential requirement for named pipes if Windows Authentication is to ... "Administrator" and "SA" are still 2 different ...
    (microsoft.public.access.setupconfig)
  • Re: cannot view web pages after transferring files to web server
    ... Integrated Windows authentication. ... What we want is - if a logged-in Windows user has database rights, ... asp.net in-built development server. ... local machine using Visual Web Developer, ...
  • Re: Database connection from PDA over cradle
    ... Are you attempting to log in using Windows authentication or SQL Server authentication? ... Does it work if you use the ip address for the database instead of the ... > Private myDS As New DataSet ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Create SharePoint Portal failed.
    ... One mentioned ensuring that SQL Server uses a case ... 13:55:40 Service database server is 'USDC-JOHRIV'. ... Update dbo.propertylist set DisplayName = N'Last name' ...