Re: Notifying the user of what action to take when a SecurityException was unhandled

From: Nicole Calinoiu (calinoiu)
Date: 10/07/05

Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:30:51 -0400

In addition to the possibilities already raised by Dominick, does your Main
method perhaps include a call into a type or member protected by a link
demand for a CAS permission? (Link demands are processed at JIT-time, so
failing a link demand in your Main method would prevent any of your code
from running.) If you're not sure whether or not your Main method contains
such a call, you can easily test it (at least in debug mode, where your code
won't be subject to inlining) by splitting out the contents of your Main
method into a separate method. e.g.:

private static void Main(string[] args)
{
    DoMainStuff(args);
}

private static void DoMainStuff(string[] args)
{
    // Everything that used to be in your Main method goes here.
}