MD5 Hash as Number?

From: Darren Green (darren.green_at_reply-to-newsgroup-sqldts.com)
Date: 10/06/05

Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:30:01 +0100

Hi,

I have an MD5 hash, all 16 bytes of it, and I would like to store this
as a number as opposed to a byte array or the conventional 32 character
hex encoded string. Any ideas or am I way off course?

Thanks

--
Darren Green

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Finding the nearest match without reusing results
    ... comparing an array with a value generates an array of Trues and ... Any diff with wrong State or with used Store is implicitly zeroed out. ... Each must be larger than the absolute value of the maximum Sales ... go.....it just needs to return the closest match. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: read keyboard input and storing in an array?
    ... > I'm trying to store user input in an array, ... You have the beginnings of that logic already since your prompt tells the ... 201st value since the array only has room for 200 values. ... This will force you to store the int values as Integer ('Integer' ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Challenge: reading ascii data
    ... to store all the data before producing any output. ... would be bad practice in terms of memory consumption to use a standard ... So I use hashes to create a two-level "sparse array", ... Well the original problem definition was: ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: attempting an actual game...
    ... >>> and inflexible by the absurd decision to use a bit array for square ... as then one has 8 bits in which to store a color and a few flags ... Using a 2D int (or, ... > Change direction and you may eventually complete a game. ...
    (comp.games.development.programming.misc)
  • Re: Sparse arrays
    ... >access array element, set it, sit for a bit, and read it back ... ONLY operations are STORE and RETRIEVE with no structure to the ... If you can tolerate a bit of inefficiency ... They live in sorted lists. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)