Re: Can't determine if a file exists

From: Paul Clement (UseAdddressAtEndofMessage_at_swspectrum.com)
Date: 08/18/05

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:47:22 -0500

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:16:03 -0700, "Nikolai Evseev" <NikolaiEvseev@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Give you some update: we've moved that workgroup PC to the domain, but it
didn't seem to help solving the problem.

Could you help me to configure the whole thing by sending me a sample
configuration list, i.e. users on both sides, how to configure iis, network
share, users, groups, web.config, machine.config, etc, etc.. Since I've tried
almost everything, but it's still not working.

Btw, if I change the password for ASPNET on my IIS and setup ASPNET user on
the PC where the network share is with the same password, then it still
doesn't work (if it's what you mean by the mirror account)

Thanks very much for the continuos support

OK, well I would need to know what type of authentication (for your web application) that you would
prefer to use, or would consider acceptable. The below article should help. If you need more
detailed information I would need to know what your level of acceptable security is.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891031

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: cant start setup in disaster recovery mode
    ... services say "The file cannot be found" when we try and start any IIS related service....this sucks....is there any way to do a repair on IIS? ... however when we reboot the server to try and re-install exchange using disasterrecovery mode switch it tells us our metabase is corrupted. ... Check also for any viruses on your network - try disconnecting the network cable alltogether and see if it starts. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: SQLXML Webservice becomes non-responsive
    ... We don't have anything specific to the network that would be affected by ... config changes, so I'm not sure what it would be. ... Program Manager - SqlXml ... >> Has anyone encountered a SQLXML based IIS webservice ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.xml)
  • Re: multiple outside web sites on server 2003, sp1
    ... Lots of people run multiple outside websites on IIS without troubles; ... How many IP addresses does your network card support. ... > headers, ip addresses, or ports for each web site in iiis. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.misc)
  • Forcing ASP.NET processing of an arbitrary file
    ... I have a simple project server which shares files from within our network. ... The specific problem I'm facing is that I have certain HttpHandlers that ... Because the actual IIS ... were a regular request. ...
  • Re: Page Cannot Be Displayed Errors
    ... It sounds like you are quite close to the webserver. ... need to connect directly to IIS) ... If you see requests in the network monitor ... There is a network monitor included in Windows Server 2003 (not sure about ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)