Re: Can't determine if a file exists

From: Nikolai Evseev (NikolaiEvseev_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/18/05

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:16:03 -0700

Give you some update: we've moved that workgroup PC to the domain, but it
didn't seem to help solving the problem.

Could you help me to configure the whole thing by sending me a sample
configuration list, i.e. users on both sides, how to configure iis, network
share, users, groups, web.config, machine.config, etc, etc.. Since I've tried
almost everything, but it's still not working.

Btw, if I change the password for ASPNET on my IIS and setup ASPNET user on
the PC where the network share is with the same password, then it still
doesn't work (if it's what you mean by the mirror account)

Thanks very much for the continuos support

"Paul Clement" wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:15:01 -0700, "Nikolai Evseev" <NikolaiEvseev@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> ¤ My workgroup PC doesn't have .net frmwk installed. Should I install it then?
> ¤ Apologize for repeating - shouldn't the ASPNET user be delegated as NT
> ¤ AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON on the target machine? If so, do I still need .Net
> ¤ installed on the workgroup pc?
> ¤
>
> You don't need the .NET Framework, but if the ASPNET account is being used then there must be a
> mirrored local account with the same credentials on the other machine for this to even have a chance
> of working. Please note that I still can't state for certain that delegation will occur on a machine
> that is not in the domain.
>

> Paul
> ~~~~
> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cant determine if a file exists
    ... My workgroup PC doesn't have .net frmwk installed. ... Should I install it then? ... Apologize for repeating - shouldn't the ASPNET user be delegated as NT ... Please note that I still can't state for certain that delegation will occur on a machine ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Help on selecting distro and networking issue
    ... > My current home network is using a 4 port wireless gateway ... > use workgroup to allow access to files on one another. ... > box out of the closet, and install linux. ... I too would like advice on which distro to try (wasn't sure ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Resource Information and Emails
    ... its good to see the functionality in action for ... Do you have a "Workgroup" command in the Tools menu? ... Yes I did but can't find the menu option to use the feature :-( ... Did you install the WGSetup.exe file? ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Help on selecting distro and networking issue
    ... I have 2 windows 98 clients and I ... use workgroup to allow access to files on one another. ... and install linux. ... able to swap files and access to the internet through the cable modem. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Cannot access workgroup
    ... >>> access the other in the workgroup. ... >> Could our common problem have anything to do with Window XP Security Updates ... >> KB896688 (a previous attempt to download this had failed on failed on ... >> Did you install one or more of these just before you lost your workgroup ...