Re: Change a windows user's password with C#?

From: Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor] (dbaier_at_pleasepleasenospamdevelop.com)
Date: 08/09/05

  • Next message: tim.aranki_at_gmail.com: "Re: how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other sites?"
    Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 06:39:20 -0700

    Hello MadBison@gmail.com,

    i am not sure if WinNT is not working anymore. But you should be able to
    set a password via WMI.

    Have a look at the SDK and the win32_account class. There is also a WMI newsgroup
    on this server.

    HTH

    ---------------------------------------
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    > Hello
    >
    > I have gathered some code for changing a windows users password, but I
    > need a bit more info.
    >
    > I want to change the password on several Winsows 2003 Server machines.
    > None of them are in a domain.
    >
    > It appears that the WinNT directory services provider does not work on
    > Windows 2003 Server. I get a security message. It used to work fine on
    > Windows 2000 Server.
    >
    > I understand that the LDAP Provider will not work unless the server is
    > part of a domain. Is this correct?
    >
    > Is there any way forward for me given I have Windows 2003 Server
    > machines without a domain, and want to programatically change their
    > passwords?
    >
    > Thanks
    > David

  • Next message: tim.aranki_at_gmail.com: "Re: how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other sites?"

    Relevant Pages

    • RE: Access Denied when running RSoP
      ... Can you run RSOP on SBS Server? ... 2> Test WMI. ... Starting with Microsoft Windows XP, the version of WMI should match the ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: BizTalk WMI performance issue
      ... If the servers are Windows 2003 SP1 or earlier, ... a look at the following WMI patches included in Windows 2003 SP2. ... WMI service on a Windows XP SP2-based computer or a Windows Server 2003 ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
      (microsoft.public.biztalk.server)
    • Re: EBS2008: Frage zu Preparation Wizards
      ... Der Preperation Wizard zeigt in diesem Fall aber keine Verweise auf weitere ... DNS und DHCP laufen auf dem Server ohne Fehler ... The Preparation Wizard uses Windows Management Interface (WMI) to scan ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.backoffice.smallbiz)
    • Re: EBS2008: Frage zu Preparation Wizards
      ... schau bitte einmal genauer auf die Fehleranzeige im Preperation Wizard. ... The Preparation Wizard uses Windows Management Interface (WMI) to scan several network components. ... This is likely if server workloads in your environment are running on the Windows 2000 Server operating system. ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.backoffice.smallbiz)
    • RE: Access Denied when running RSoP
      ... I can run RSOP locally on the SBS server ... All default WMI DCOM settings are ok. ... > 2> Test WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation). ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)