Re: how can I run .net logon script application

From: Nicole Calinoiu (calinoiu)
Date: 07/11/05

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:59:14 -0400

What about the other exception? (BTW, could you please provide the error
description shown at the top of the error dialog as well?)

"amos hchmon" <amoshchmon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > /*the application attempted to perform an opertion not allowed by the
>> > security policy.The opertion required the securityexcepion.Yo grant
>> > this
>> > application the required permission please contact your system
>> > administrator,or use the microsoft .net security policy administration
>> > tool.*/
>>
>> A PolicyException can be addressed by adjusting the CAS policy. However,
>> before doing so, it's generally necessary to determine which permission
>> is
>> missing. The full exception details (as returned by its ToString method)
>> might allow me to figure out what the missing permission in this case may
>> be.
>>

>> > if this exception is not enough i will send you more details latter
>>
>> Please do.
>>

>> > (I'm not in my work now).
>> > it dosen't work when launched locally by a non admin,in the local host
>> > the
>> > exception refer to the JIT/CLR exception.
>>
>> It sounds like it might be necessary for the user to have at least some
>> permissions not granted to non-admin users, but I can't be sure without
>> the
>> exception details. Please provide these as well, if possible.
>>

>> > also, I repeat my question does this problem has any connection to
>> > CAS?
>>
>> The PolicyException does, but the other exception seen when a non-admin
>> run
>> the application locally probably does not.
>>

>> > if yes can you tell me how i create a strong name.
>>
>> See http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2003/06/20/57023.aspx for
>> instructions on both signing your assembly and adding a code group based
>> on
>> your strong name to your local CAS policy. For some options on deploying
>> your CAS policy changes, see
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/entsecpoladmin.asp.
>> For obvious reasons, deployment should be planned in conjunction with
>> your
>> network administrator.
>>

>> > The security context for the user is domain users .I am not intersted
>> > change the policy for the user,
>>
>> You cannot compensate for a lack of user privileges by elevating CAS
>> permissions. In order for managed code to run, both the user and the
>> code
>> must have sufficient privileges. If domain users do not have sufficient
>> Windows permissions to run your code (which still isn't certain), you
>> will
>> need to either alter your application to not require the elevated
>> permissions, elevate the user permissions, or run in a different user
>> context.
>>

>> > maybe there is option to give for the
>> > application permission in the Security Policy Administration Tool, to
>> > running
>> > in the client.
>>
>> Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by this.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Excel Open throws 0x800A03EC error
    ... I need to give permissions to Microsoft Excel Application which was missing ... I did the following to give Excel permissions. ... General Information ... Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.automation)
  • Re: Need help. Having trouble locating GDI+ exception in Windows Forms.
    ... If I select continue on the exception dialog, ... >> Windows Forms exception that I cannot seem to locate and it is baffling ... CodeBase: ... >> When JIT debugging is enabled, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing)
  • Re: Need help. Having trouble locating GDI+ exception in Windows Forms.
    ... If I select continue on the exception dialog, ... >> Windows Forms exception that I cannot seem to locate and it is baffling ... CodeBase: ... >> When JIT debugging is enabled, ...
  • RE: Error when attaching multiple files (System.web.mail)
    ... Settings folder on your machine to the authenticated domain user account. ... Try to give permissions to ASPNET user account on the local folder where ... you are storing your attachments. ... > following exception. ...
  • Re: RWW
    ... Were the permissions correct, or did you have to adjust them? ... >> Add Local Service and Network Service account Read & Execute, ... >>> current web request. ... >>> Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)