Running a section of code with admin privileges

From: JCreasy (JCreasy_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/29/05

    Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:18:02 -0700

    This is rather similar to a post before titled "custom event log". What I
    want to do is use EventLog.CreateEventSource() in a remote application that
    will not be running admin privileges. I was hoping to find a way to
    temporarily allow admin privileges just to do the log event and then resume
    normal privileges.

    So far I have not been very succesful in finding a way to do this and it
    might be that it's just impossible for security reasons. If it is possible
    however, I would greatly appreciate any information on how to do this.

    • Re: Tool to remotely search for filetypes
      ... network computer(I have admin privileges to the remote system) and remotely ... list/inventorize all the filetypes in the system. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Tool to remotely search for filetypes
      ... network computer(I have admin privileges to the remote system) and remotely ... list/inventorize all the filetypes in the system. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: Remotely writing on event viewer
      ... remote system (by using a specific user account or in another way). ... user will have the right to write in the registry in that location without ... accessible only with admin privileges. ...