Re: asp.net client idenification

From: Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor] (dbaier_at_pleasepleasenospamdevelop.com)
Date: 06/27/05

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:00:23 -0700

Hello catweezle2010,

you have to disable anonymous access and enable integrated authentication
in IIS for the virtual directory.

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> Thanks Nicole!
> I tried it an there was no error message, but no value displayed. But
> have the solotion:
> in web.config:
> <authorization>
> <deny users="?" /> <!-- Deny anonymous users -->
> <allow users="*"/> <!-- Allow all other users -->
> </authorization>
> in aspx:
> strUserName=User.Identity.Name

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Web App Security and MSIE Settings
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... The "Intranet users" group have read access to the virtual directory. ... server: ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Authenticating Users on an Intranet
    ... and remove anonymous access in the directory security tab in IIS ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... > would like to authenticate the users without making them enter a user ...
  • Re: Disable "prompt me to save passwords" programaticly?
    ... You certainly mean with "sub web" a IIS application?? ... you can't mix authentication types in the same ASP.NET Application. ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ...
  • Re: SSL port 443 only for certain pages
    ... settings -> require SSL ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... Can this be done in IIS? ...
  • Re: Running Aspx Files with forms authentication alongide of asp pages
    ... you have to mark the virtual dir as an application in IIS ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... > FormsAuthentication. ... > error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an ...