Re: custom event log

From: Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\) (joseph.e.kaplan_at_removethis.accenture.com)
Date: 06/23/05

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:33:41 -0500

What he said applies to both.

Generally with ASP.NET apps, you create your event source as part of the
deployment process and then just write to the event source from the app. If
the app attempts to create the event source itself, it will generally fail
unless you have configured ASP.NET to run as a local admin which is
generally regarded as a really bad idea.

Joe K.