Re: does .NET connect to Internet to verify digitally signed assembly certificate?

From: Nicole Calinoiu (calinoiu)
Date: 05/18/05

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:29:01 -0400

Windows, not .NET, will attempt to verify the CRL for an Authenticode-signed
assembly. (This has nothing to do with strong naming.) It is possible to
disable this behaviour globally, but not for any single assembly. Since
global disabling of the verification on a given machine is hardly unlikely
to be desirable, you basically have no way to stop this behaviour as long as
your assembly has an Authenticode signature.