Re: Pls Help! Passing credential between two web sites on same ma

From: Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor] (
Date: 05/06/05

Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 03:06:20 -0700

Hello FA,

so you are using the HttpWebRequest classes?

Requests are anonymous then - you have to attach credentials to the request
- this is why you get the 401.

Have a look at the Credential property of HttpWebRequest

CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials is for Windows integrated auth, like:

myHttpWebRequest.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor

> Http post
> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" wrote:
>> Hello FA,
>> How do you call the 2nd site??
>> ---------------------------------------
>> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
>>> Hi,
>>> On the same machine, I have created two web sites, the first site
>>> requires client cert and is mapped to a windows account. The second
>>> site is restricted to be called by the first site by limiting the IP
>>> address to localhost. If I enable windows authentication for the
>>> second site, I will get 401 (unauthorized). Can anyone tell me how
>>> to pass the windows credential of the first site when calling second
>>> site?
>>> Thanks.