RE: Help How to add publisher condition ??

From: Joseph MCAD (JosephMCAD_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/06/05

Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 08:09:03 -0700

   April 6, 2005

     Hi Serge! I believe you mean All_Code. You can use the .Net Framework
Configuration Tool, but you won't be able to realisticly use the publisher
condition in the way you want. If you specify this for All_Code then all code
that has not been signed with your Authenticode certificate will not be able
to run. You are not allowed to sign assemblies that you do not own and
developed yourself. There is no "shortcut" for blocking authorized code. The
publisher condition would be better if you were deploying an assembly that
your company created and it needed special permissions. I hope this helps and
I hope you have a great day!

    Joseph MCAD

"serge calderara" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> What is the way to add a publisher condition in ALL_GROUP at machine level
> under Framework security.
> I have heard this is used to prevent to run unauthorize .NEt software on a
> machine.
>
> I wouzld like to test that stuff.
> Any good procedure to test this, as well as creating test certificate ?
>
> Thnaks for our info or links
> regards
> serge

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Assembly.LoadXXX methods and GAC
    ... and the vendor deploys someassembly ver 1.1.0.0, the publisher policy ... newVersion=.../> that you can apply to one of the referenced assemblies. ... The Publisher Policy is installed to the GAC, ... and it contains the Binding Redirect that instructs the .Net runtime to ...
  • Re: Certification Authority, code signing, code access
    ... but you can't make the CLR trust only your CA. ... your plug-in assemblies. ... for the assembly signing certificate. ... Publisher publisher = this.GetPublisher; ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Help How to add publisher condition ??
    ... Sign your assembly with the .SPC file ... already have a private key to embed in the certificate. ... > of my test assembly and see by implementing that publisher certificated ... You are not allowed to sign assemblies that you do not own and ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Update signierter Assemblies
    ... Bei den Assemblies handelt es sich um Dateien von Drittanbietern, ... bindingRedirect auf die neue Version zu verweisen. ... Eine andere Möglichkeit sind die sogenannten "Publisher Policies". ... und stattdessen die AssemblyFileVersion zu ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Can a Publisher Policy Redirect Dependent Assemblies?
    ... A publisher can only provide version policy for assemblies they publish - otherwise you get into the nightmare scenario of a publisher maliciously redirecting the version of a competitor's product on to a non-existent version. ... App and machine config files work as expected, and we are able to redirect ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.clr)