Re: local admin security question

From: Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\) (joseph.e.kaplan_at_removethis.accenture.com)
Date: 04/06/05

Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:05:26 -0500

If you are concerned about security, then it is probably best to avoid using
an account that has admin privileges at all. Does your app absolutely
require that?

The question of local account vs. domain account depends on whether the
service needs to access domain resources on the network.

If you really need admin privileges and only need a local machine account,
then creating a different user is probably a good idea because then you can
change the regular administrator password easily without breaking your
service.

Joe K.