Windows Authentication question

From: Natan (nvivo.misc_at_mandic.com.br)
Date: 03/24/05

Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:42:56 -0300

Hi.

We are creating an intranet here in ASP.NET and we decided that we are
going to use a kind of Forms Authentication but using the users in our
windows domain.

So, we are creating a default login form, but the user will use the name
and password he uses to login to his computer.

I would like to know 2 things:

1. How can I get a list of Windows users in my domain, so that I can
list them for administration purposes.

2. After getting username and password from the user, how can I check it
against my domain users to see if I should grant him access?

thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Windows Authentication question
    ... We are creating an intranet here in ASP.NET and we decided that we are ... going to use a kind of Forms Authentication but using the users in our ... windows domain. ... So, we are creating a default login form, but the user will use the name ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • RE: Windows Authentication
    ... >We are creating an intranet here in ASP.NET and we decided that we are ... >going to use a kind of Forms Authentication but using the users in our ... >windows domain. ... >and password he uses to login to his computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Windows Authentication
    ... We are creating an intranet here in ASP.NET and we decided that we are ... going to use a kind of Forms Authentication but using the users in our ... windows domain. ... So, we are creating a default login form, but the user will use the name ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Windows Authentication question
    ... We are creating an intranet here in ASP.NET and we decided that we are ... So, we are creating a default login form, but the user will use the name ... How can I get a list of Windows users in my domain, ... Forms Authentication isn't really appropriate. ...