Re: Storing Client Certificates

From: Eugene Mayevski (mayevski_at_eldos.org)
Date: 03/23/05

    Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:21:47 +0200

    Hello!
    You wrote on Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:01:02 -0800:

     TB> If someone hacked into the client machine and found the client cert
     TB> they could send form posts and/or files over to our server. So I
     TB> wanted to "hide" the client cert so noone but my app either knows where
     TB> it is or can get to it.

    You can store the certificate in encrypted form and let the user enter the
    password. Of course, each user should have differently encrypted
    certificate.

    With best regards,
    Eugene Mayevski

    • Re: Storing Client Certificates
      ... If someone hacked into the client machine and found the client cert they ... could send form posts and/or files over to our server. ... the client cert so noone but my app either knows where it is or can get to it. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
    • Re: stunnel, OpenSSL, certificates, etc. [was: SMTP server or "forwarding"?]
      ... Is there a way to find a server that might be there but I ... >> how the ssl stuff works. ... Does the client need to have the certificate ... client must have a client cert to connect? ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: CTL Rejecting Login
      ... If you're IE as your browser, that has a option under Internet options to "Don't prompt for client cert when no or only one certificate exists". ... You can 'trap' the 403.x error by going to the "Custom Errors" tab in IIS Admin. ... CompanyA publishes their reference certificate, ...
    • Re: Client Cert Doesnt work after Deployment
      ... you should grant access to the certificate to it with ... > In Dev when I manually open the secure webservice URL in IE6 I am prompted ... > to select the client cert I want to use to access this resource. ... > However, after I deployed to my staging server, all of the messages to the ...
    • Re: Client Cert Doesnt work after Deployment
      ... I dont know how you are calling the web service from code, ... httpwebrequest, you should add the certificate to it like this: ... // Load the certificate into an X509Certificate object. ... >> to select the client cert I want to use to access this resource. ...