StrongNameIdentityPermission and Web Services

From: Henrik Skak Pedersen (notavailable_at_nothing.com)
Date: 03/05/05

    Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 23:12:17 +0100

    Hello,

    I would like to make sure that my web service only can be called from my
    strong name assembly. But I get a SoapException when I try to call a web
    method with the StrongNameIdentityPermissionAttribute set. So I guess that
    that there are problems using this attribute when I am calling a web
    service. It works fine when I call a Windows library.

    What else can I do?

    The application has to run on multiple machines so I can't bind it to a
    specifiic machine.

    Best regards

    Henrik Skak Pedersen.

    • Problem calling multiple web services
      ... I have an app that needs to call the same web service which will be located ... on multiple machines. ... The web service is identical on each. ... web reference on (in the IDE I mean). ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
    • RE: SP1 Problem SOAPException doesnt return quote and Umlaute correcty
      ... Found out .net web service clients are just as helpless with handling these ... If an exception is raised in the web service method saying i.e. 'The method ... SP1 Problem SOAPException doesn't return quote and Umlaute correcty ...
    • Re: I dont think I can do that !
      ... Regards, ... >> Hi DaveP, ... you can do the same on the proxy class for the web service. ... >> Pablo Cibraro. ...
    • Re: Session Variables in WSE 3.0
      ... >> used to protect the communication during that session. ... >> Regards, ... >> Pablo Cibraro ... >>> I got many webmethods in my web service. ...
    • Re: bts2006 error handling
      ... I've managed to get it to catch the SoapException and write it out to a file ... Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006 ... Uncaught exception has suspended an ... Of course these don't include the Web service that the orchestration ...
      (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)