Re: MEC++ - propogating FullTrust to another AppDomain with a different application base

From: Nicole Calinoiu (calinoiu)
Date: 02/24/05

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:20:52 -0500

I can't repro with either the initial domain evidence or null (which is an
acceptable value for the evidence argument) passed as the evidence for the
second domain. Unfortunately, without seeing an example that doesn't work,
I'm at a bit of a loss for other potential causes. I'll happily take the
time to review a (non-)working sample if you post it.

"Bern McCarty" <bern.mccarty@online.bentley.com> wrote in message
> I've not done anything with stored policy on my system. As for AppDomain
> policy, all that I have done is use the 3 argument CreateDomain method.
> For
> the evidence argument I just pass the evidence of the current domain
> (which
> is the default domain). Should I pass something different? Can I pass
> null? I didn't really know what to pass for evidence, but I needed the 3
> arg constructor because I needed to pass the AppDomainSetup for the
> different application base and app.config file. Is it because the
> application-base is different than the current app domain that the trust
> level is downgraded?
>
> I think that I could probably produce a boiled down example that
> demonstrates what I am seeing. Anyway, do you have any other ideas for
> me?
>
> Thanks,
> Bern
>
> "Nicole Calinoiu" <calinoiu REMOVETHIS AT gmail DOT com> wrote in message
>> While it's possible to force full trust in the scenario you describe, it
>> probably shouldn't be necessary. Can you account for the lack of full
> trust
>> via policy settings (either stored policy or AppDomain policy)? If not,
>> have you explicitly set evidence for either the AppDomain or the second
>> application? If not, could you please provide the details (code, if
>> possible) of how you're launching the second AppDomain and application?
>>

>> "Bern McCarty" <bern.mccarty@bentley.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a program written in MEC++ which creates a 2nd AppDomain that has
>> >it's own application base and app.config file. This 2nd application
>> >base
>> >is NOT a subdirectory of the default domain's application base but it is
> on
>> >the same local disk. The code that is run in this 2nd domain is also
>> >written in MEC++. When I execute code in the 2nd domain I observe
>> >System.Security.SecurityException errors that make it clear that the
>> >code
>> >in the 2nd domain does not have full trust. I want and need this code
>> >have full trust just like it has when the same code is run from it's own
>> >executable in the default app domain.
>> >
>> > So how do I do this?
>> >
>> > I am using .NET 1.1 SP1.
>> >
>> > Bern McCarty
>> > Bentley Systems, Inc.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Little green idiots cause global warming
    ... even Mr Crichton is debating the proper nexus between public policy ... policy, where the evidence is at least semi-solid, maybe better, should ... sure that people assembling and operating climate models do not really ... If such scientists say that there is no problem, ...
    (sci.chem)
  • Re: Leftover questions for Tony P.
    ... the time pointing out the idiocy that is creationism. ... people who value both evidence and logic in their arguments. ... the poster beyond the simple inference that the poster holds the position he ... how extreme is it to call for a policy of not calling your ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Scientists dont know!
    ... Wilkins) wrote: ... evidence against. ... taking steps against bullying (I call that the Policy Policy). ... a bunch of old student papers. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Scientists dont know!
    ... Wilkins) wrote: ... evidence against. ... taking steps against bullying (I call that the Policy Policy). ... a bunch of old student papers. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Using SecurityManager
    ... the .NET publickey to base the policy on. ... Only one question - what is GetKey()? ... > pLevel, Evidence evidence) ... > evidence belongs. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)