Re: MEC++ - propogating FullTrust to another AppDomain with a different application base

From: Bern McCarty (bern.mccarty_at_online.bentley.com)
Date: 02/24/05

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:12:17 -0500

I've not done anything with stored policy on my system. As for AppDomain
policy, all that I have done is use the 3 argument CreateDomain method. For
the evidence argument I just pass the evidence of the current domain (which
is the default domain). Should I pass something different? Can I pass
null? I didn't really know what to pass for evidence, but I needed the 3
arg constructor because I needed to pass the AppDomainSetup for the
different application base and app.config file. Is it because the
application-base is different than the current app domain that the trust
level is downgraded?

I think that I could probably produce a boiled down example that
demonstrates what I am seeing. Anyway, do you have any other ideas for me?

Thanks,
Bern

"Nicole Calinoiu" <calinoiu REMOVETHIS AT gmail DOT com> wrote in message
> While it's possible to force full trust in the scenario you describe, it
> probably shouldn't be necessary. Can you account for the lack of full
trust
> via policy settings (either stored policy or AppDomain policy)? If not,
> have you explicitly set evidence for either the AppDomain or the second
> application? If not, could you please provide the details (code, if
> possible) of how you're launching the second AppDomain and application?
>

> "Bern McCarty" <bern.mccarty@bentley.com> wrote in message
> >I have a program written in MEC++ which creates a 2nd AppDomain that has
> >it's own application base and app.config file. This 2nd application base
> >is NOT a subdirectory of the default domain's application base but it is
on
> >the same local disk. The code that is run in this 2nd domain is also
> >written in MEC++. When I execute code in the 2nd domain I observe
> >System.Security.SecurityException errors that make it clear that the code
> >in the 2nd domain does not have full trust. I want and need this code to
> >have full trust just like it has when the same code is run from it's own
> >executable in the default app domain.
> >
> > So how do I do this?
> >
> > I am using .NET 1.1 SP1.
> >
> > Bern McCarty