Re: Check group member ship or a user

From: Sameh Ahmed (essoplus_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/21/05

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:46:35 +0200

Joe
the usual thank you:)

"Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI)" <joseph.e.kaplan@removethis.accenture.com> wrote
in message news:uIMhcI7FFHA.2756@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Just out of curiosity, what version of .NET are you using? Early versions
> of 1.0 had a bug where IsInRole was case sensitive.
>
> The other thing I'd suggest is using reflection to troubleshoot the
> problem by accessing the private _GetRoles method on WindowsIdentity. A
> quick Google search should turn up some sample code that shows you how to
> do it.
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.security/msg/1f5ce5f46ae876a6
>
> Joe K.
>
> "Sameh Ahmed" <essoplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am on a local administrator on a stand alone machine, did not try it in
>>a domain environment.
>> how do you format the group name in your code?
>> Regards
>> Sameh
>> "DalePres" <don-t-spa-m-me@lea-ve-me-a-lone--.com> wrote in message
>>>I have only gotten IsInRole to work against local groups when I have been
>>>logged in as a local machine user, rather than as a domain user. I don't
>>>know if that is by design or a bug (feature).
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> DalePres
>>>

>>> "Sameh Ahmed" <essoplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Check group member ship or a user
    ... > Just out of curiosity, what version of .NET are you using? ... > of 1.0 had a bug where IsInRole was case sensitive. ... > quick Google search should turn up some sample code that shows you how to ... > Joe K. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Author of Visual C++ 2005 STL ???
    ... The same issue does not exist in MSVC++ 2008, ... I posted some sample code to test for the ... me that such a common method have a similar bug. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: IMetaDataEmit DefineUserString
    ... Sorry for letting you wait. ... I have contacted "Jan Kotas" for this article. ... there is a little bug in the sample code snippet. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.clr)
  • Re: simpleDateFormat and April month
    ... i had a bug to report. ... Here is sample code to test: ... > public Date StrToDatethrows Exception { ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Ada exception block does NOT work?
    ... Simon Wright wrote: ... which is of course a different bug! ... Out of curiosity: What happens if you initialize Sum with some other number? ... r o.b n.p son eri nu. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)