Re: System.Security.SecurityException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A0046

From: Nicole Calinoiu (calinoiu)
Date: 01/29/05

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:17:40 -0500

Crissy,

The SecurityException you're seeing will occur when using FSO if the user
has insufficient permissions or if the file is locked in some way (in use by
another process, flagged as read-only, etc.). It sounds like you've managed
to confirm that it's a permissions issue, in which case the file permissions
must be changed.

In most shared hosting situations, your account would not have permissions
to alter the ACLs (access control lists) on the files so, unless you have
information to the contrary from your provider, it's very likely that
there's nothing you can do to directly alter the permissions settings.
Instead, you will probably need to request that your hosting provider do
this for you. This will be easier for the provider staff if the files are
all located in a single directory, and it will be safer for you if the
deletable files are the only files in the directory (since your users would
become theoretically capable of deleting any file in the directory).

HTH,
Nicole