Determine what security permissions are needed

From: Joe (
Date: 01/20/05

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:35:38 -0500

Is there a utility to test an assembly for security issues? I have a
Winforms user control which I'm hosting in an ASP.NET application. On some
machines the assembly doesn't load when I override the CreateParams method.
Also, if I add a chart control to this control it doesn't load.

There's no exception being thrown but I'm guessing it has something to do
with security.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Massive Potential Abuse of Windows Machines Via Update
    ... I know its a windows security setting that is unable to install but dont ... Re-build’s galore, new machines, super fandango firewall routers, set up by ... to get control of machines without the user being alerted too much has got to ...
  • RE: Controlling access to servers
    ... machines because the information they contain is "too sensitive". ... > How do we manage security in such a case? ... > control measures to prevent IT Admins to do whatever they ... > Security Section or the IT Audit, in this way, Admins will ...
  • Re: No Wonder Kodak Went Broke ...
    ... Many emotions in general ... Many activities are without risk. ... security "experts" didn't supports my contention that the security experts ... I don't allow emotion to control my behavior. ...
  • [NEWS] HelixPlayer Based Players Format String
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... media player for Linux, Solaris (versions for other operating systems are ... between 0x0822** - 0x082f** and with control of one pointer at a time ... $ An open security advisory #13 - RealPlayer and Helix Player Remote ...
  • Re: why microsoft choose mfc rather than wtl?
    ... to lower security settings, etc. ... For a client to get ... the particular AX control is never accessed, shown, or downloaded. ... unethical to deliver an automobile to customers because it is possible ...