http request from windows service

From: Eliyahu Goldin (removemeegoldin_at_monarchmed.com)
Date: 12/15/04

Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:10:18 +0200

What security issues shall I care about when sending http requests from a
windows service? I have a console program that works fine if I start it from
command line and doesn't seem to work when I start it from a windows
service. I am using HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse classes.

Eliyahu

Relevant Pages

  • Is it possible to create service that uses main loop only!
    ... I have been assigned a task of creating a windows service application. ... I did some reading and wrote a sample application. ... The application is simple console program that launches thread that handles the actual service work. ... is it possible to implement the service without the second thread? ...
  • Re: mshtml and windows services
    ... might want to use the HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse classes instead. ... Nicholas Paldino ... > However, when I run the EXACT same code under a windows service, either as ... Both GET and POST actions fail. ...
  • Re: mshtml and windows services
    ... might want to use the HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse classes instead. ... Nicholas Paldino ... > However, when I run the EXACT same code under a windows service, either as ... Both GET and POST actions fail. ...
  • Re: mshtml and windows services
    ... might want to use the HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse classes instead. ... Nicholas Paldino ... > However, when I run the EXACT same code under a windows service, either as ... Both GET and POST actions fail. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms.controls)
  • Re: http request from windows service
    ... Are receiving a particular exception? ... I am using HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse classes. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)