Signing XML Files

From: Dominick Baier (dotnet_at_leastprivilege.com)
Date: 10/21/04

To: microsoft.public.dotnet.security
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:46:39 -0700

have a look at the new msdn magazine issue

 msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag

 ---
 Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
 http://www.leastprivilege.com

   nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.security/>

 Hello,

 I need some help w/ signing XML files. I've been looking at the MSDN doc's
 examples in SignedXml constructor and in DataObject Class and not getting it
 to work. Does anyone have any good example code that takes a well formed XML
 file and signs it? The examples don't do that. It appears the signature
 verification code in the examples would work, if I could get the file
 properly signed in the 1st place. Any help would be appreciated.

 TIA,

 --
 John C. Bowman
 Software Engineer