Re: How to get hashed password of current user

From: Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\) (joseph.e.kaplan_at_removethis.accenture.com)
Date: 10/18/04

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:31:41 -0500

Ah, have you tried Context.User.Identity.Name? That will give you the
logged on user's NT account name. If you want their SID, you will need to
do some p/invoke code on to look it up from their token. Note that this
will also work for domain users as well.

Is this what you were looking for?

Depending on how the user authenticated, you might be able to get the
password too (this is very easy with Basic authentication), but otherwise
you can't to my knowledge.

Joe K.

"Gawel" <gawelek@moveitoutgazeta.pl> wrote in message
> Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI) wrote:
>> I don't quite understand what you are asking here. Are you asking for
>> unique identifiers for users in AD? If so, objectGUID and objectSID are
>> good bets, with objectGUID being better for a variety of reasons (rename
>> and domain move safe, fixed length, easy to store in SQL, etc.).
>>
>> If not, can you elaborate? Normally people only want to know the
>> password data when they are trying to authenticate or sync (or hack).
>
> Ok, I was not precise enough. I have standalone computer wiht
> Windows XP. No AD. And in this case I would like to get
> programatically any infomation that is specific for current
> logged user. It can be hashed password, or any other information.
> What is more this user will be Asp.Net user.
>

> gawel

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Get currently logged in users ojectGUID
    ... For example, when i log in to my laptop from home, I'm not on the office network so i can't reach AD but I'm sure i still can get my AD's objectGUID, as the profile is cached locally. ... Our application currently supports its own set of application users/logins, but it becomes a problem for our bigger clients who want all of their software to be "One click login" so that once you are logged in to Windows, you have access to all apps without need to login again using those apps' logins. ... Like in SQL server you can login using sql account or using windows authentication. ...
  • Re: Please help an idiot!!!
    ... The reason I dont think this is an NTFS or authentication issue is that the ... Everyone group has been granted sufficient permissions on the file. ... > you are allowing the annonymous account IUSR to have write access to the ... > | up as everyone and Domain users as full control. ...
  • Re: Get currently logged in users ojectGUID
    ... I am looking to find a way to get currently logged in user's object GUID without querying ActiveDirectory. ... For example, when i log in to my laptop from home, I'm not on the office network so i can't reach AD but I'm sure i still can get my AD's objectGUID, as the profile is cached locally. ... Our application currently supports its own set of application users/logins, but it becomes a problem for our bigger clients who want all of their software to be "One click login" so that once you are logged in to Windows, you have access to all apps without need to login again using those apps' logins. ... Like in SQL server you can login using sql account or using windows authentication. ...
  • Re: Mutliple Websites in same domain space.
    ... >We have website built in .NET that requires domain users to auththenticate to ... If you use Windows Integrated authentication and no anonymous access, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Log on locally fro basic authentication
    ... Web server is IIS4 on NT4 SP6a ... I'm starting with basic authentication (as not all users use Internet ... Domain Users, but find that whatever I do, U2 and U3 domain users cannot get ...