Windows Services not able to access network file

From: Vivek Madani (vivekpm_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/17/04

    Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 01:14:40 -0700

    We created a .Net Dll whose purpose is to create a file on
    a mapped network drive and write some data to that file.

    When this Dll is called from a C# windows application
    running under Windows XP operating system,
    the Dll is serving the purpose.

    The same Dll when called from a windows service written in
    C# and running under Windows XP operating system,
    it is unable to access the mapped network drive.

    The windows service is installed under local system account.

    The mapped network is shared with all permissions to all users.

    We found no issues with windows 2000 operating system

    Any pointers will be greatly appreciated...

    Thanks,
    Vivek...

    • Re: Loading mpr.dll in Dependency walker ...
      ... >I have one windows console application that does snmp get and set. ... > not use any other dll. ... > Windows 2000 operating system. ... > Then I loaded this application the dependency walker. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
    • GL_TEXTURE_3D_EXT,glTexImage3DEXT definations
      ... can any body give a link to download the header file, lib and DLL for ... 3D texture mapping definations. ... The operating System I am using is Windows with ATI display card. ...
      (comp.graphics.api.opengl)
    • Re: Marshalling Data Question
      ... GetRawInputDeviceList in DLL USER32.DLL. ... Wrong operating system perhaps? ... on Windows XP and later. ... Mattias Sjögren mattias @ mvps.org ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
    • RE: Windows Services not able to access network file
      ... I suspect it is because the local system account cannot authenticate to the ... > running under Windows XP operating system, ... > the Dll is serving the purpose. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
    • Re: .Net packaging/wrapper application?
      ... it just didn't work well in reality due to DLL ... Windows works is to look in the executable's directory for a needed DLL ... the way apps used to work when they developed Windows. ... Looks to me like Jim is looking for the .NET equivalent of compiling ...