Re: How to get hashed password of current user

From: Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\) (joseph.e.kaplan_at_removethis.accenture.com)
Date: 10/17/04

Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:58:46 -0500

I don't quite understand what you are asking here. Are you asking for
unique identifiers for users in AD? If so, objectGUID and objectSID are
good bets, with objectGUID being better for a variety of reasons (rename and
domain move safe, fixed length, easy to store in SQL, etc.).

If not, can you elaborate? Normally people only want to know the password
data when they are trying to authenticate or sync (or hack).

Joe K.

"Gawel" <gawelek@moveitoutgazeta.pl> wrote in message
> Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI) wrote:
>> If the passwords are stored in AD, then no. The password attribute is
>> write-only unless you are running as system on the DC.
>
> Ok, thanks. And any other information that is specific only
> for given user ?
>
> gawel
>

>> Joe K.
>>
>> "Gawel" <gawelek@moveitoutgazeta.pl> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hajo,
>>>is it possible to get hashed password of current user?
>>>I know that I can not get password but maybe the hash?
>>>
>>>Or even better, can I get any information(whatever, string,
>>>bytes etc) that is specific for given user and that can not be read by
>>>other users ? It is importat that this information need to be constant
>>>during the whole life of user account.
>>>

>>>thanks in advance
>>>

>>>gawel

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How can I access more properties of the AD Acount
    ... The user's objectGUID is a normal Windows GUID structure ... so it makes a good durable foreign ... You can create a column of type uniqueidentifier in SQL to store it ... >> Joe K. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: How to get hashed password of current user
    ... Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI) wrote: ... > unique identifiers for users in AD? ... If so, objectGUID and objectSID are ... It can be hashed password, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)