Re: problem on pkcs#7 format

From: Michel Gallant (neutron_at_istar.ca)
Date: 08/28/04

    Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:19:44 -0400

    CAPICOM EnvelopedData is pretty standard:
       http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/seccrypto/security/envelopeddata.asp
    You can easily adjust the symmetric algorithm, key size, and list of recipients.
     - Mitch Gallant
       MVP Security

    "seb bounet via .NET 247" <anonymous@dotnet247.com> wrote in message news:uxvQDxPjEHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > Hello
    >
    > I have a problem, I search to make a pkcs#7 format (CMS).
    >
    > It?s used to create a format s/mime. I?m using CAPICOM of Microsoft but my recipient can?t read this format!
    >
    > I found on MSDN :
    >
    > CAPICOM does not support the PKCS7 EncryptedData content type but uses a non-standard ASN structure for EncryptedData. Therefore,
    only CAPICOM can decrypt a CAPICOM EncryptedData object.

    > I must make a pkcs#7 format with data encoded by triple DES and encoding the key and IV (of the triple DES) with RSA. I don?t know
    how put it in the CMS (rfc2630).

    > do you know how to do that?
    >
    > Best regards,
    >

    > --------------------------------
    > From: seb bounet
    >
    > -----------------------
    >
    > <Id>F4drITlLiUintvH9sc9XNQ==</Id>

    • Re: .Net and CAPICOM
      ... ASN structure they use for their EncryptedData object in CAPICOM. ...
    • Re: CAPICOM within .NET
      ... You will need to use CAPICOM to decrypt it. ... uses a nonstandard ASN structure for EncryptedData. ... CAPICOM can decrypt a CAPICOM EncryptedData object. ... One field in the old database stores data encrypted ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
    • Re: CAPICOM [Unknown Cryptographic Algorithm] When verifying sha1RSA 2048 Signature
      ... Note CAPICOM does not support the PKCS #7 EncryptedData content type but uses a nonstandard ASN structure for EncryptedData. ... only CAPICOM can decrypt a CAPICOM EncryptedData object. ... I've tryed to sign data with framework, which will be equal with capicom's signature. ... Dim oSignedData As New CAPICOM.SignedData ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Re: CAPICOM within .NET
      ... I think the CAPICOM EncryptedData format is actually proprietary to CAPICOM. ... You will need to use CAPICOM to decrypt it. ... One field in the old database stores data encrypted using CAPICOM ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
    • Re: CAPICOM within .NET
      ... CAPICOM to decrypt it. ... Note CAPICOM does not support the PKCS #7 EncryptedData content type but uses a nonstandard ASN ... the old database stores data encrypted using CAPICOM that I would like to decrypt. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)