RE: UserControl inside IE can't connect to MSSQL

From: Shawn Farkas (shawnfa_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/21/04

    Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:03:14 GMT

    Hi Anders,

            You can certainly change any of the code groups to have different permission sets. Check out my two blog entries here on how to do this:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2003/06/20/57023.aspx

    And more relevant to you:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2003/06/26/57026.aspx
    -Shawn
    http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa

    Note:  For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they
    originated.
    --------------------
    >From: "=?Utf-8?B?bWlma28=?=" <mifko@discussions.microsoft.com>
    >Subject: UserControl inside IE can't connect to MSSQL
    >Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:59:03 -0700
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.security
    >
    >Hi there,
    >I have a problem and don't know what to do.
    >
    >I created UserControl in VS.Net 2003 and I tried to open it in Internet
    >explorer with object tag. Because this UserControl tries to connect to MSSQL
    >server and select some data, I got an error saying:
    >
    >The application attempted to perform an operation... Request for the
    >permission of type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission, System.Data.
    >
    >Well, this was really surprise for me so I started to search with google and
    >found a lot of posts saying that I have to change settings in .Net
    >Configuration.
    >
    >I did. But it seems, that I could only change settings for My_Computer_Zone.
    >For LocalIntranet_Zone there are two predefined setting and even though I
    >added a new group of settings which allows my assembly Everything, problem
    >still remains.
    >
    >So, is there any possibility to change LocalIntranet settings? Have anyone
    >idea how? Or for security reasons this is not allowed and will never be?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    • UserControl inside IE cant connect to MSSQL
      ... I created UserControl in VS.Net 2003 and I tried to open it in Internet ... I got an error saying: ... that I could only change settings for My_Computer_Zone. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
    • Re: off line storage for a perl newsreader
      ... clean and want my news client to be the one thing I don't have to ... IIRC, even though you can change maintenance settings in OE, ... Have a look at offline newsreaders or newsreaders with offline ... It was easier to change settings for OE than I had thought. ...
      (news.software.readers)
    • Re: HP Copying Utility
      ... This seems like a great little utility allowing simple 'photocopying' of documents by just pressing the copy button on the scanner the trouble is its printer settings default to Letter and not A4 so the printer hangs waiting for Letter sized paper! ... You can manually stop the scan and change settings to A4 but that defeats the object of the single button press copy facility doesn't it? ... Have you tried this- create a copy of your printer driver, rename that copy, change it's default settings from within the printer control panel, then select that driver as the default driver for the copy utility? ...
      (comp.periphs.scanners)
    • Re: In real trouble
      ... click Change Settings of this connection. ... > Then on Advanced tab, ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: HP Copying Utility
      ... scan and change settings to A4 but that defeats the object of the single ... See if you set the printer as A4 default if the copy util picks that up. ... Spent some more time fiddling with the printer driver preferences, ...
      (comp.periphs.scanners)