UserControl inside IE can't connect to MSSQL

From: mifko (mifko_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:59:03 -0700

Hi there,
I have a problem and don't know what to do.

I created UserControl in VS.Net 2003 and I tried to open it in Internet
explorer with object tag. Because this UserControl tries to connect to MSSQL
server and select some data, I got an error saying:

The application attempted to perform an operation... Request for the
permission of type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission, System.Data.

Well, this was really surprise for me so I started to search with google and
found a lot of posts saying that I have to change settings in .Net
Configuration.

I did. But it seems, that I could only change settings for My_Computer_Zone.
For LocalIntranet_Zone there are two predefined setting and even though I
added a new group of settings which allows my assembly Everything, problem
still remains.

So, is there any possibility to change LocalIntranet settings? Have anyone
idea how? Or for security reasons this is not allowed and will never be?

Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: UserControl inside IE cant connect to MSSQL
    ... UserControl inside IE can't connect to MSSQL ... that I could only change settings for My_Computer_Zone. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: ApplicationSettingsBase and Usercontrols
    ... In this example, I put FormSize and FormLocation in my Settings, ... Private _settings As My.MySettings ... Private Sub ApplySettings() ... I have a custom usercontrol in which I want to store ...
  • Re: Smart client problems with IIS6, works on IIS5 (is not another .config-thread)
    ... It may be related to the different settings on the two computers. ... > web form with a windows Usercontrol on the web server.Additioanlly, ... > error occur on all of your client computers? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)
  • Re: off line storage for a perl newsreader
    ... clean and want my news client to be the one thing I don't have to ... IIRC, even though you can change maintenance settings in OE, ... Have a look at offline newsreaders or newsreaders with offline ... It was easier to change settings for OE than I had thought. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: HP Copying Utility
    ... This seems like a great little utility allowing simple 'photocopying' of documents by just pressing the copy button on the scanner the trouble is its printer settings default to Letter and not A4 so the printer hangs waiting for Letter sized paper! ... You can manually stop the scan and change settings to A4 but that defeats the object of the single button press copy facility doesn't it? ... Have you tried this- create a copy of your printer driver, rename that copy, change it's default settings from within the printer control panel, then select that driver as the default driver for the copy utility? ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)