Re: Strong Names and Excel

From: Rachel (Rachel_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/23/04

    Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:10:02 -0700

    Nicole:

    1. I created a key by typing in: sn -k VBIDE1.snk
    (The key was created)

    2. I put the key in the bin

    3. Then I attempted to make a wrapper by typing in:
    tlbimp.exe VBIDE.dll/VBIDE:VBIDE.snk /out:Interop.VBIDE.dll

    However, I get TlbImp error: the given path's format is not supported.

    Does the path to the key need to be included? How should I write this?

    Rachel

    "Nicole Calinoiu" wrote:

    > In VB.NET, you must do this for each referenced COM DLL in each project that
    > references COM DLLs. In other words, each referenced COM DLL gets its own
    > managed wrapper DLL to which the specified signing key gets applied for
    > strong naming.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Nicole
    >

    > "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Nicole,
    > >
    > > Will one wrapper be okay for all dlls in the project that have this
    > > problem or do I have to do this for each dll that has this problem?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Rachel
    > >
    > > "Nicole Calinoiu" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Rachel,
    > >>
    > >> You can force the compiler to create a strongly named wrapper for
    > >> referenced
    > >> COM interop assemblies. This is done separately from the signing of the
    > >> assembly itself. For instructions, see
    > >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313666.
    > >>
    > >> HTH,
    > >> Nicole
    > >>

    > >> "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    • Re: P/Invoke Chris + Paul
      ... call myself a "Object Oriented programmer" but I do understand the basics the ... Is Some sort of wrapper the best way? ... prog now runs whereas before it gave a "Can't find PInvoke DLL" ... private static extern bool CancelPowerOffTimer; ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
    • COM and c++ performance problems
      ... I am the maintainer of a COM C++ dll that is used to read ... whether it will use the stdlib wrapper or the memory mapped ... when using the memory mapped file io wrapper over the stdlib ... If I use the stdlib wrapper the ...
      (microsoft.public.vstudio.development)
    • Re: DRIVERS- XXX_IOCONTROL- DeviceIoControl and so on.
      ... wrapper as a static lib instead of a seperate dll, ... 64K virtual space for as a seperate dll. ... driver dll's do have global variables declared. ...
    • Re: P/Invoke Chris + Paul
      ... Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com ... My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman ... Depends on what is in that DLL ... produce a tested wrapper. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
    • Re: Strong Names and Excel
      ... for an example of calling tlbimp with full paths. ... each referenced COM DLL gets its ... >> HTH, ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)