Re: Strong Names and Excel

From: Nicole Calinoiu (nicolec_at_somewhere.net)
Date: 07/23/04

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:59:48 -0400

In VB.NET, you must do this for each referenced COM DLL in each project that
references COM DLLs. In other words, each referenced COM DLL gets its own
managed wrapper DLL to which the specified signing key gets applied for
strong naming.

HTH,
Nicole

"Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Nicole,
>
> Will one wrapper be okay for all dlls in the project that have this
> problem or do I have to do this for each dll that has this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rachel
>
> "Nicole Calinoiu" wrote:
>
>> Rachel,
>>
>> You can force the compiler to create a strongly named wrapper for
>> referenced
>> COM interop assemblies. This is done separately from the signing of the
>> assembly itself. For instructions, see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313666.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Nicole
>>

>> "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi All:
>> >
>> > I have been attempting to put a strong name into my Assembly. I
>> > generated
>> > it and put it into the bin of my file and then I tried to put in
>> > <AssemblyKeyFile("mykey.snk")> and when I did I get the error:
>> >
>> > unable to emit assembly: Referenced assembly 'Interop.VBIDE' does not
>> > have
>> > a strong name
>> >
>> > I checked the properties of VBIDE and I cannot change the strong name
>> > property to true. Help!
>> >
>> > Rachel

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Excel References
    ... registers the DLL properly on the user's machine then there shouldn't be any ... I re-establish the References, XL runs fine. ... "Joe" wrote in message ... Click OK and the VBE will register the DLL ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: HowTo: Unregister a DLL/Control when the File no longer Exists
    ... Tony Proctor wrote: ... recorded in the registry. ... However, matching them up without the original DLL ... The main project references one of the DLLs, ...
  • Re: Excel References
    ... <<If I have the References dialog open, I can't get to the Browser (as ... Click OK and the VBE will register the DLL and add it to ... the Browser lists it in the dropdown of available ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Excel References
    ... closing the References dialog, then reopen the References dialog and recheck ... Click OK and the VBE will register the DLL and add ... (MISSING is present) ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: HowTo: Unregister a DLL/Control when the File no longer Exists
    ... projects, in the correct order, and deals with this exact situation Karl ... "registry bloat" by not cleaning the registry properly over a period ... The main project references one of the DLLs, ... another DLL. ...