DPAPI Security

From: Kiran Kumar Pinjala (KiranKumarPinjala_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/29/04

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:51:02 -0700

Hi all,
   I have created DPAPI Assemblies as described on MSDN in C# and am using User Profile for encryption and decryption. Here i have used two different machines (boxes) to do the encryption and decryption using the same user profile on both the machines. When I Encrypt on machine1 and try to decrypt the produced string on machine2, I get the error "Key not valid for use in specified state" Can anyone help me with this.

   To my understanding if the user profile used is the same on both machines, it should work fine.

   I am using a network user for the user profile.

--
Thanks
Kiran Kumar Pinjala

Relevant Pages

  • DPAPI Security
    ... To my understanding if the user profile used is the same on both machines, ... I am using a network user for the user profile. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • DPAPI Security
    ... To my understanding if the user profile used is the same on both machines, ... I am using a network user for the user profile. ...
  • RE: Event ID 1000, 1004
    ... Try to create a new profile on one of these machines and test to see if it ... How to Identify a Damaged User Profile and Create a New Profile ... Event IDs 1000 and 1004 may be logged in the Application event log, ... Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server client connections and logon tries may ...
  • Re: Single Desktop?
    ... If the machines are a member of a domain and the users are logging in using ... user profile so that all users start with the same 'base' setup. ... Outlook, you can create a PRF file through the Microsoft Office Setup Wizard ...
  • Profile not loaded because a file is in use, temp loaded instead
    ... Several of our computer labs run machines that use the same OS image and are ... Unfortunately we've not had any luck tracking down what might be locking the ... We've installed the "User Profile ... party service that might lock ntuser.dat as we try to narrow things down. ...