Re: windows forms control with extended permissions

From: Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\) (joseph.e.kaplan_at_removethis.accenture.com)
Date: 06/14/04

    Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:12:18 -0500

    You would need to have them download some kind of executable that would
    change the local policy. You can create an msi file that will accomplish
    this with the .NET Framework Configuration MMC snap-in.

    However, the users will need to be administrators (or perhaps Power User, I
    forget) to change the .NET security policy on their machine.

    Joe K.

    "pl_dave" <pldave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i have a windows forms control that is embedded in a web page. it runs on
    the client and requires some non-default permissions. when a client that
    hasn't made changes to it's local security policy to accomodate the control
    visits the web page, the control throws security exceptions.

    > what i would like to happen is that the user be prompted with a dialog box
    asking whether he wants to install and run the control from company x (like
    the activex controls do when they are encountered). ideally it would also
    say exactly what permissions are being requested.

    > the following article shows a perfect example of what i would like to see:
    http://www.developer.com/java/article.php/934031 look right under the
    phrase: "Internet Explorer displays the following dialog box when running
    ". unfortunately the example is for java i haven't figured out how to do
    something equivalent for windows forms controls.

    > is there any way to do this?

    • Re: Changing administrator password
      ... It is probally the local security policy. ... Not domain controller or domain ... found it is go through "help and support" and search for edit local policy. ...
    • Re: windows forms control with extended permissions
      ... > change the local policy. ... > forget) to change the .NET security policy on their machine. ... >> i have a windows forms control that is embedded in a web page. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
    • Re: AppArmor FAQ
      ... policy entirely by utilizing any mechanism other than direct filesystem ... Are you saying AppArmor does not allow that kind of control? ... becomes an additional component of security policy. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Domain Controller Security Policy not overriding the Local Security Policy
      ... > If one policy takes precedence over another, ... >> the local security policy of that server.This Domain ... >> controller security Policy is permeating to the other ... >> not forced to the local policy. ...
    • Re: Group Policy Issue/Question
      ... Local policy applies only on the machine you set it on. ... Domain CONTROLLER policy applies to servers that are domain controllers. ... There are so many places (local security policy, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)