Re: Generating X.509 certificates programatically (self-signed)

From: Eugene Mayevski [SecureBlackbox] (mayevski_at_eldos.org)
Date: 06/09/04

    Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:50:35 +0300

    Mike Oliver wrote:

    > I'd like to be able to generate X.509 certificates programmatically
    > and put them in the user's certificate store. Not being a CA, these
    > would be self-signed certificates. Is this possible via the .NET
    > certificate classes? What if I use the Crypto API and/or CAPICOM? I'm
    > looking for any programmatic way that duplicates what makecert.exe
    > does.

    .NET Framework doesn't work with certificate storages.
    You can check Secureblackbox.NET
    (http://www.secureblackbox.com/description-sec-pkiblackbox.html) for this.

    --
    Eugene Mayevski
    EldoS Corp., CTO

    • Re: Fully trust digitally signed assemblies
      ... normal Windows certificate verification is being invoked. ... > I have an isolated network where I am not connected to the web. ... > some digitally signed assemblies in my .net application and am running the ... But it seems like the .net framework always like ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
    • Re: Cant connect to SSL SOAP endpoint
      ... we could use makecert to create self-signed certificate on ... Makecert is a tool in .Net framework SDK. ... Provider = Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider ... you could try to install the certificate for SSL/https useage ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
    • The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure
      ... I am developing an application by using .NET Framework 2.0 and C#. ... we have to send mails within this application. ... certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange2000.development)
    • The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure
      ... I am developing an application by using .NET Framework 2.0 and C#. ... we have to send mails within this application. ... certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.development)
    • Digitally Sign a file
      ... RSACryptoServiceProvider rsa = new ... I m trying to sign a data using a certificate that resides in a smart card. ... The above code works perfectly well with .NET framework 1.1. ... An unhandled exception of type ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)