Re: Ngen.exe

From: Henning Krause (newsgroup.no_at_spam.infinitec.de)
Date: 05/27/04

Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 13:04:50 +0200

Remotesoft offers a native compiler for .NET programs. They even claim, that
the resulting .exe file can be run without the .NET runtime, because all
referenced assemblies are compiled along with the .exe file.

www.remotesoft.com.

Up to now, I've seen only their decompiler in action, which is quite
impressive, since it restores the byte code to a higher level of source code
than any other decompiler I've come accross.

Greetings,
Henning Krause
Visit my website: http://www.infinitec.de
Try my free Exchange Explorer: Mistaya
(http://www.infinitec.de/?page=products)

"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The assembly is still required because that is where ths metadata is
stored. Using NGen will not solve the IP issue. You may have to consider
obfuscation.