CMAB: Config Provider, encrypted="true"

From: dt (spm_at_dtrombi.com)
Date: 05/27/04

    Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:11:11 +1000

    Hi dotnet.secutiy,

    In the config file for cmab, a setting encrypted="true" configures cmab to
    encrypt the data in that section. Does this mean that a client user of my
    win. app., can open the config file, set it to "false" and the next time it
    writes to the section it is no longer encrypted? Surely not. What am I
    missing?

    Thanks in advenace

    d.

    • RE: Using Win32 CryptDecrypt to Decrypt RijndaelManaged
      ... I figured out how to use RijndaelManaged with AES in the C++ app. ... C++ crypto WILL successfully decrypt the .NET generated ... I am trying to write a Win32 app that can decrypt that string using the ... I can get both to encrypt and decrypt successfully in their own projects, ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Re: Security
      ... A lot depends on *what* you want to encrypt, and how you want to use the ... If you lose your Palm and someone else gets hold of it they can attack it ... They can try to use the security app itself to read your data. ... or may try all possible passwords and derive keys from them (unless ...
      (comp.sys.palmtops.pilot)
    • Re: EFS in the two domain controller environment
      ... Both machines have an app running in the context of the same domain user. ... They each hit the same server, trying to encrypt. ... > The apps on both CLIENTMACHINE1 and CLIENTMACHINE2 have essentially the ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Folder Encryption
      ... information that is fundamental to the success of your app, and encrypt it ... Once again, the decryption key has to be secured, but as ... > that is mounted for an individual applicaton **instead of the windows file ...
    • Re: GC and security
      ... comes back at end to encrypt and then app is done. ... gpg is fairly careful about passphrases. ... passphrase in the Python app instead of letting gpg handle it? ...
      (comp.lang.python)